b energy benchmarking 4

Depending upon the size of a building, California AB 802 may require a building owner to benchmark the building energy use using ENERGY STAR®Portfolio Manager and to disclose the energy use results of the building(s).

It is the responsibility of the building owner to complete the building benchmarking.

New Requirements

The new regirements require building owners to report building characteristic information and energy use data to the California Energy Commission beginning June 1, 2018 for buildings with no residential utility accounts, and in 2019 for buildings with 17 or more residential utility accounts.

For more informaition on California's Energy Benchmarking Program...

Energy Star Portfolio Manager

The Energy Star Portfolio Manager is the Environmental Protection Agency’s online energy management and tracking tool that enables you to benchmark, measures, and track the energy and water use of any building over time and to compare your building to similar buildings. Benchmarking also provides a building score.

For example, a score of 50 is average, a score of 25 means your building is only more efficient than 25 percent of your peers, and a score of 75 or greater means your facility is a top performer.

How do I request the electric energy use data from AMP as per AB 802?

To request energy usage for reporting purposes, please download and complete the applicable forms below and mail to AMP at:

Alameda Muncipal Power
Customer Service 
2000 Grand Street
Alameda CA 94501

icon energy benchmarking 1

Data Request Form

The Data Request Form is required for all covered building energy use data requests.

icon energy benchmarking 2

Proof of Ownership Form

The Proof of Ownership form is required for all covered building energy use data requests. This form is required to protect the privacy of customers and ensure the energy use data is going to the authorized building owner or authorized representative of the building owner.

 icon energy benchmarking 3b

Tenant Authorization Form

The Customer Energy Data Release to Owner Form is required when the building owner is requesting the energy use data for properties they own, but AMP electric account(s) within the covered building are in the name of the tenant – the customer of record.

icon energy benchmarking 4

Participation and Non-Disclosure Agreement

The Participation and Non-Disclosure Agreement is required and ensures the confidentiality of the energy use data the building owner obtains from AMP.

  • Call (510) 748-3900 for Customer Service 24/7
  • Privacy Policy
  • Copyright© 2002-19 Alameda Municipal Power