fa icon ease 3Project EASE

AMP’s Project EASE (Energy Assistance through Supportive Efforts) provides short-term emergency assistance to residential customers who are unable to pay their electric bill and are at risk of having their power turned off.

It is intended to help after all other resources have been expended. This program provides up to $200 toward a customer’s electric charges within a 3 year period.

It is not intended to pay any required deposit or field action charge. 

NOTE: Customers who are already enrolled in AMP’s Energy Assistance Program do not qualify for Project EASE.


To receive short-term assistance, you must have received a "notification of overdue payment" from AMP. Eligibility for Project EASE is based on the customer’s gross income level and household size. The chart below will help you determine if you qualify.

 web eap ease table 052919

To demonstrate eligibility, you will need to show proof of income for all adults permanently residing in the household and provide supporting documentation.

Documentation may include:

  • CalFresh (food stamps)
  • CalWorks (cash aid)
  • General Assistance
  • IRA/annuities
  • Retirement/Pension
  • Spousal/Child Support
  • Unemployment Compensation
  • Veteran’s Benefits
  • W-2s 
  • Wages and/or income from self-employment
  • Worker’s Compensation

You will also need to show proof of identification for all adults and children under the age of 18 who are living in the house full time.

Driver’s license must show service address or you will be required to submit a lease agreement, mortgage statement or property title.


download ease application form


How do I submit my application and supporting documents?

Applications are accepted at AMP’s Service Center from 8:30 a.m. until 3 p.m. on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursday and Fridays. On Wednesdays, applications are accepted from 9:30 a.m. until 3 p.m. We recommend that you call  our customer service agent at (510) 748-3900 to prequalify over the phone before bringing your application to our office.

Will my income documents be returned to me?

We’re not able to return your original documents, so please provide copies of any income/sources of money/benefit documentation with your application.

Where can I get the benefit/award letter?

Most agencies/programs have web sites that you can use to verify and print your letter.

How current do my incomes/sources of money documents need to be?
The documents must include pay period dates covering a minimum of two consecutive months within the last two months. Benefit/award letters should indicate year of coverage. Outdated documents will not be accepted.

How long will it take for my application to be processed?
Applications are processed on the spot.


  • Call (510) 748-3900 for Customer Service 24/7
  • Privacy Policy
  • Copyright© 2002-19 Alameda Municipal Power